ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Dustinash
Contributing MemberPosts: 589
Like?
Pixel King wireless ttl flash triggers DO NOT WORK ON A77
Dec 7, 2011

I am using this on a SONY A77

1) although the remote flash fires it is not adding to the exposure so it like having no flash

2) the white AF focus light on the transmitter is not coming on

3) about once every 3 seconds both the transmitter and receiver lights will flash blue at that time on the flash lcd it shows "wide".. at the same time the camera LCD turns off and on.

4) you cannot actually use manual mode with these triggers on a77 it seems! As soon as you set the flash to manual mode the flash will not fire. The camera menu on the a77 will also not let you select manual mode and appears to have no menu communication options with the flash.

It seems part of the problem is the kings aren't syncing up properly. Strangely if I fire them at a a very high shutter speed like 1/1000 of a second the flash will effect exposure but any slower and it does not!!!

I think part of the other problem is the sony wireless system will not allow setting remote flashes to manua.

In any case these will currently NOT work on a77. we are stuck with phottix stratos and unfortunately I had to be the guinea pig to figure this out.

Sony SLT-A77
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow