ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Setter Dog
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,499
Like?
GH2, G3, or what for a new 4/3rds user
Dec 7, 2011

Hi Folks,

I'm considering purchasing the GH2 or G3 along with the 14-140mm lens. I presently use a Sony a55 DSLR some of the time but I strongly prefer Panasonic. I've owned all of their superzooms and really like the systems. It's not exactly clear to me why bursts are slower in the 4/3rds than they are in the FZ models but I can live with 5fps just fine.

I compared the GH2 and G3 in the DP comparison tool and don't see significant technical differences except weight and size. Surely there is some major advantage to the GH2, considering the price difference.

Any input about these cameras and the 14-140mm lens would be helpful to me as I move closer to my purchase.

One specific question, do either of these cameras have a "teleconverter" or "enhanced zoom" option like the Pany P and S cameras do. In other words, is there a way to get longer than 140mm zoom at lower resolution?

Thanks!

Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH2 Sony SLT-A55
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow