Started Dec 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
neroangelo
Contributing MemberPosts: 840
Like?
Re: GH2 PAL vs NTSC?
In reply to Menneisyys, Dec 7, 2011

I know...

Menneisyys wrote:

I've spoken of region locks and not simply switchable NTSC vs. PAL output. The two has absolutely nothing to do with each other.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD_region_code :

" The commercial DVD player specification requires that a player to be sold in a given place not play discs encoded for a different region ; however, region-free DVD players are also commercially available."

neroangelo wrote:

Menneisyys wrote:

Let me disagree.

Region coded US DVD's are not playable on European DVD players because of the DRM restriction (to boost regional sales by not allowing Europeans importing American DVD's). Non-restricted stuff (camera output) is a completely different matter.

-

Not true. Most DVD players (and TV's) in the UK are switchable between NTSC and PAL. All the ones I have owned or experienced in the past five years anyway.

-
Slainte (cheers)

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. :- Samuel Langhorne Clemens

-- hide signature --

Slainte (cheers)

You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus. :- Samuel Langhorne Clemens

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow