Started Dec 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
hzmeyer
Contributing MemberPosts: 925Gear list
Like?
Yes, there is a Santa Clause
Dec 7, 2011

I have been receiving a lot of emails lately from companys trying to sell me something. About a week ago I got one for a magnesium unipod costing about $10. It was from Meritline. I thought that the price was so low that it could not be any good. But since the price was so low, I thought that I could afford the gamble.

It arrived today. Included was a zippered carrying case with an adjustable shoulder strap, a heavy duty belt attachment with velcro closures and an aluminum carabiner for carrying the unipod plus a pouch for the foot of the unipod if you wanted to have it grounded at your waist for added mobility.

Now to the unipod. It is very light. Retracted it measured 15 1/2 inches. There is about 5 inches of foam at the top where your hand would grip the unipod. There is a nylon wrist strap. There is a quick disconnet plate on top that attaches to the camera. An added feature is a spring loaded pin that ejects the plate when the release lever is turned- nice.

When the FOUR sections are fully extended, the over all length is 64 inches. To extend the four sections, just turn the rubber foot on the bottom section 1/4 turn and ALL sections are unlocked. Pull out to the desired length and 1/4 turn in the other direction locks all four sections simultaneously. It feel solid when locked.
How long will it last? I have no idea but it looks well built.

Naturally, it is made in China. The name is Fotopro. Sounds vagely familiar. (My studio lights are Profoto) The model number is NRA-55Q.
I would not hesitate to recommend this to a friend.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow