problems with a65 and low light video...would a new lens help?

Started Dec 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Hughineugene
Junior MemberPosts: 40
Like?
problems with a65 and low light video...would a new lens help?
Dec 7, 2011

Twice now I have tried to tape video in very dark halls, and twice I could not get a usable video clip. I have the Sony 18250, and know that in movie mode (dial) I can change the iso to 1600, but even then the video sucked.

Would purchasing a Sony lens, maybe 50mm 1.8, make my life easier when I try to tape really dark places? This last attempt was in a dark cavernous hall, with almost no light on the subject but a strong back light from a locked office I couldn't get in to.

Would a new lens help, or should I just accept that if I cannot tape at 1600 iso the situation is hopeless? Interesting how often venues take everything in account including sound, but leave off adequate lighting. Glad I am just an amateur, as if I were a pro on a deadline, I would be tearing out my hair. Or bring some sort of lighting device to all tapings, just in case.
Thanks.
Hugh

Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow