using old Hexanon lenses on a MFT body... worth it?

Started Dec 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mikity
Regular MemberPosts: 104Gear list
Like?
using old Hexanon lenses on a MFT body... worth it?
Dec 7, 2011

Hi,

I am currently in the market for a new non-fixed lens camera now that my trusty old Canon G9 has given up the ghost. I was tending between a Canon DSLR and one of the Panasonic Micro 4/3 models (which one, I'm still not certain about, I find the model numbering somewhat confusing). Anyway... my mother just discovered my dad's old Konica Autoreflex, and the lenses she could find were a Hexanon 35mm and a 100mm, both F2.8. From googling around I know it's possible to use Hexanon lenses on MFT bodies, with a little bit of modification. A couple of questions:

• Are these lenses any good, and worth using (even though I'm presuming they are manual focus only)?

• Would they cause me significant savings compared to equivalent lenses that I would have to buy new?

Basically, is it worth the hassle?

Thanks in advance, would love to hear from you!

Mikity's gear list:Mikity's gear list
Canon PowerShot G9 Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Olympus OM-D E-M10 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +8 more
Canon PowerShot G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow