ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mako2011
Mako2011 MOD
Forum ProPosts: 15,778
Like?
D7000 AF sensors mapped
Dec 7, 2011

Today I set down and re-mapped the AF-sensore on my D7000. The picture below is the results. Here is the methodology:

Using AF-Area mode "single", AF-C, a3 off. and my 50mm f1.8 this time. I used a stainless steel background to aim at as the camera can not get a lock on that. I then taped a large paper plate to it with the center cut out and the rest painted black. I would then point the AF sensor to the center of the plate, making sure it could not focus and remained blurry. Then I slowly panned towards each edge of the plate to see where the sensor grabbed focus. I did it many times from many directions with all 39 sensors. The blue area you see is my representation of where focus would be grabbed initially.

The picture above is perfectly to scale and can be overlaid on any full size D7000 image to show exactly where the focus boxes fall and exactly were the sensor will initially grab a contrast and lock on. I have a layered psd file with transparent vs white background, but don't no how to get that uploaded.

I'm sure I may have messed something up in my methodology and greatly welcome any comments to help make this product more useful.

Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow