Started Dec 7, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Stevie Boy Blue
Contributing MemberPosts: 684
Like?
FZ150 Continues to Impress. More Images Now in My Gallery
Dec 7, 2011

For those who’re interested, I’ve just completed my FZ150 gallery by adding another 30 images, making a collection of 60 in total.

Note that again, quite a few have been shot at higher ISO settings from 320 up to 2000 to enable viewers to see the potential offered by the new model in a variety of conditions. In all honesty I’ve been out shooting in such dimly lit conditions that I’d never have considered tackling with any of my previous FZs and have been very impressed by 150’s admirable ability to yield more than acceptable results in most circumstances.

As with the first batch of 30, the majority of these latest pics have not been post processed beyond cropping/re-sizing for uploading to my DPR gallery. Very few have been brightened or sharpened to any degree because in my experience the in-camera highest quality Jpegs are excellently produced by the 150.

I’ve even managed to play around with I-Resolution Zoom. In lower ISO settings it apparently functions very well in terms of retaining fine detail, as can be seen in the relevantly labelled example included in the half-dozen or so water vole images I’ve added to this final batch. Now I’ve seen what I-Res is capable of, I’ll certainly be trying it out some more when sufficient light levels allow for lower ISO settings and I want to bring small subjects closer than normal focal lengths allow.

Oh, and if it helps, I’ve now settled for the following in-camera settings:
Contrast: -1
Saturation: +1
Sharpening: 0
Noise Reduction: -1

I will now leave the camera settings alone, as I’ve found what suits me best. Any sharpening or other adjustments can easily be done in the likes of Photoshop. For what it’s worth, I use the old version 7, which does everything I require for post processing my images if required.

Beyond this completion of my FZ150 gallery, I can only hope that others having purchased the camera are enjoying shooting with theirs as much as I am with mine. And to those having yet to check the new model out, for what my experience is worth, it is easily the best FZ camera I’ve used to date; not perfect by any means, just darned good for a small sensor Mega-Zoom model.

If you get or have already got one, don’t be afraid to up the ISO settings when light levels require that you do. Take my word for it, the FZ150 delivers on so many counts.

By all means feel free to check out my gallery.

All the best and kind regards to all

Stevie Boy.

Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ150
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow