Started Dec 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Northcape
Regular MemberPosts: 246
Like?
The reason you need a NEX, part one
Dec 6, 2011

I have been a periodic on/off amateur photographer since 10 years old.

Shooting mostly Canon since buying the FTb body when it arrived in 1971. After the Canon 10D I bought the 20D, 1DMKII, 5D and a handful of digital PS cameras. Most of which I still have, along with a lot of glass from the Sigma 300-800 and down.

But after I got married and got my twin boys, dragging along a DSLR with glass became sort of a burden I often left at home. I stiil take along my old 1DMKII and some glass for vacations however.

When the NEX arrived last year, I bought the first one available to me.
A red NEX 3 with the kit zoom and the 16mm.

This was the camera I had been waiting so long for, dslr quality in a PS Almost perfect, except for the crappy user interface, which I absolutely detest. Can't wait to get the 7.

This relatively cheap small NEX with its flip screen has reopened a world of joyful picture taking for me. Like when driving through beautiful scenery, and you get this idea about that perfect spot for a picture, far above or below you in the mountainside. No problem climbing there with a NEX compared to my 1D. And should I fall or slip the camera can be replaced at a modest price.

Here are a few pictures that were the results of being able to jump out of the car and quickly climb to that "perfect spot" (wife and kids waiting in the car). All of them are 2048x1536 in size if you click on them for a full view.

Maybe you have some of your own pictures from similar situations to add here also.

This is my trailer and we are going down this small road carved into mountain wall.

Without a tripod I had to find a place to sit down where I could press the camera firmly down on my knee for this full moon shot with a one and a half second exposure time.

Jan

Canon EOS 10D Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS-1D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow