FujiFilms WBS solution.

Started Nov 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
op204
New MemberPosts: 3Gear list
Like?
Re: FujiFilms WBS solution.
In reply to PAUL TILL, Dec 6, 2011

PAUL TILL wrote:

Hot off the press, just got a reply from Fuji UK.

Dear Paul Till,

Thank you for contacting FUJIFILM UK and we apologise for the delay in replying to you.

Thank you for the example image of which we have inspected. Please note this is not a fault with the camera, this is a digital artifact known as blooming and this can occur with all digital cameras, regardless of make or model.

You can use a smaller f-stop number or ND (Neutral Density) filter to reduce the amount of light, increase the dynamic range to reduce blooming and I would also suggest using the histogram to expose the image, when capturing similar pictures.
we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Well if that's there answer I guess mine is going on e-bay this week.

Paul.

Interesting that they would chuck it up to blooming. That would mean that they believe it is a sensor issue, since the blooming effect is caused by the pixels on a digital camera overflowing with sensory information.

Makes me wonder if the pixel array (array rotated 45°) and larger pixel sizes of the x10's EXR CMOS sensor is exacerbating the blooming effect and producing the white orbs.

http://www.dpreview.com/previews/fujifilmx10/page3.asp

op204's gear list:op204's gear list
Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow