Sony A77 sensor - distortions, side by side comparison image

Started Sep 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
Henry Richardson
Forum ProPosts: 13,081
Like?
Attacking the messenger
In reply to BMWX5, Dec 6, 2011

BMWX5 wrote:

I really thought you were sincere and have a valid complaint about the A700 but I think it is more you are angry or trying to get back at them for something. I know you shoot Sony and Canon but you brought this thread up TWICE by replying to your own reply for what purpose, I don't know?

My posts are about poor Sony quality and always have been. My current post is about the A77/A65 problems galore. When you can't attack the indisputable message of A77/A65 quality problems you resort to attacking the messenger. So be it. I don't care.

Henry Richardson wrote:

Henry Richardson wrote:

Overall, my feeling about Sony is that they are making the most interesting stuff right now (A77/A65/A55/A35/A33 and NEX 7/5N/3C/5/3), but they just seem to always make near misses because of boneheaded omissions, limitations, QC problems, etc. I shoot Sony DSLRs and Canon DSLRs. The Canon DSLRs just work with no problems and very few boneheaded things (of course, someone who shoots different stuff than me may disagree). The Sony stuff is often more interesting but, IME, always has pretty serious problems.

If only Sony could somehow combine their cool ideas and cool camera designs with some engineers/marketers who have real life photo experience to help them fix the bad things then man oh man Sony would be doing great, IMO. I find Sony to be so darn frustrating. Most of the time we are not even talking about big changes or expensive changes. Sometimes the result might even be easier and cheaper for Sony. Oh well....they will either start firing on all cylinders or they won't. I will keep watching the A77 and NEX 7 after release to see how things look and work. Personally, I don't shoot jpegs so this particular issue is not that important to me, but it is to many people.

I thought Sony's problems couldn't get much worse, but the endless posts about A77 and A65 defects is really sad. Sony learned the lesson from this forum though: Sony users here are quite satisfied to receive defective products as long as they have the desired Sony name on them and prefer to shut complaints of poor Sony quality down as quickly as possible. emoticon - smile Anyway, my prediction that Sony users would get more poor quality by accepting earlier poor quality have turned out to be more true than even I ever imagined.

-- hide signature --

Henry Richardson
http://www.bakubo.com

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
RIPNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow