Started Dec 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sunshine_boy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,558Gear list
Like?
An unusual thing about X10 postings
Dec 6, 2011

I have been following with great interest the endless displays of 'first shots with my X10' plus of course all the hoo-ha about the white orbs. One thing that strikes me is the high number of black & white images that are displayed.

I've noticed this because I am not particularly fond of B & W except in some special cases where it is absolutely fitting. My question is not about the merits and demerits of B & W as such, I am just asking ' why so many B & W samples in X10 initial image displays' ?

My first reaction/tendency when first trying a new camera is to test it for correct color rendition, WB, noise etc. Not to check how it handles B & Ws much less to take its color images and convert them to B & W before displaying them as samples of my first few days ownership of the cam. B & W hides so much of the true performance of the camera and for initial 'test' shots I would have liked exactly the opposite. Wouldn't you?

So, what is it that drives X10 new owners to have so much interest (and pride) in B & W shots from the X10?
--
Best Regards
Sunshine

ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

Sunshine_boy's gear list:Sunshine_boy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd Olympus C-4000 Zoom Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D60 +1 more
Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
B&WNew
JimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow