Started Dec 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Sunshine_boy
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,543Gear list
Like?
An unusual thing about X10 postings
Dec 6, 2011

I have been following with great interest the endless displays of 'first shots with my X10' plus of course all the hoo-ha about the white orbs. One thing that strikes me is the high number of black & white images that are displayed.

I've noticed this because I am not particularly fond of B & W except in some special cases where it is absolutely fitting. My question is not about the merits and demerits of B & W as such, I am just asking ' why so many B & W samples in X10 initial image displays' ?

My first reaction/tendency when first trying a new camera is to test it for correct color rendition, WB, noise etc. Not to check how it handles B & Ws much less to take its color images and convert them to B & W before displaying them as samples of my first few days ownership of the cam. B & W hides so much of the true performance of the camera and for initial 'test' shots I would have liked exactly the opposite. Wouldn't you?

So, what is it that drives X10 new owners to have so much interest (and pride) in B & W shots from the X10?
--
Best Regards
Sunshine

ps If you see someone without a smile on, give him one of yours...

Sunshine_boy's gear list:Sunshine_boy's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm FinePix S6000fd Olympus C-4000 Zoom Nikon Coolpix P7100 Nikon D60
Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
B&WNew
JimNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow