Started Dec 6, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Wyville
Senior MemberPosts: 2,836Gear list
Like?
What's the X10 like to use?
Dec 6, 2011

Although this might not be the best time to ask, I would still like to hear some sensible thoughts.

I am looking for a second, more compact, camera next to my Canon 7D, and am torn between the NEX-C3 and X10. Two very different cameras with their own strengths and weaknesses.

The X10 seems like an admirably capable camera (let’s please ignore the orbs), and I was wondering if people consider it a viable option as a travel camera (landscapes, indoor, low light, etc.). Or maybe it leans too much towards a compact?

I am really trying to get some sense of the difference in use between what is essentially a simplified DSLR (the C3) and a very capable compact (the X10). Since I have only used a DSLR in the last three or four years, I have very little feeling for what a compact like the X10 could do in terms of use.

Cheers

Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-C3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow