Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
What's the X10 like to use?
Dec 6, 2011

Although this might not be the best time to ask, I would still like to hear some sensible thoughts.

I am looking for a second, more compact, camera next to my Canon 7D, and am torn between the NEX-C3 and X10. Two very different cameras with their own strengths and weaknesses.

The X10 seems like an admirably capable camera (let’s please ignore the orbs), and I was wondering if people consider it a viable option as a travel camera (landscapes, indoor, low light, etc.). Or maybe it leans too much towards a compact?

I am really trying to get some sense of the difference in use between what is essentially a simplified DSLR (the C3) and a very capable compact (the X10). Since I have only used a DSLR in the last three or four years, I have very little feeling for what a compact like the X10 could do in terms of use.

Cheers

Wyville's gear list:Wyville's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon EOS 7D Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM
Canon EOS 7D Fujifilm X10 Sony Alpha NEX-C3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow