ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
lonewolf69
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,345Gear list
Like?
Advice please - Camera Settings
Dec 6, 2011

Hi Folks,

We're going to have a company sponsored Christmas party and it's going to be held at a catering hall with Live DJ music and dancing, etc... I would like to know the best equipment/settings to take low light shots on dance floor, party atmosphere. The catering halls has many sections and my company rented out only the small section for 200 people. We'll probably have lno more than 150 people with low lights for party and dancing, much like a wedding reception. Unforutuantely I will not have the opportunity to SCOPE out the place before the party Buit I will gladly provide as much info as possible.

Types of shots I'm looking to capture. Candid portraits, random group shots of people dancing & partying, DJs, dance floor, bar, etc...

Equipment:
A900
Flash F58
STOFFEN & WhaleTail
FASM-EP1 battery pack
24-70mm

Settings (suggested):
ISO 800 & 1600
F4 to F8 (depending on shot)
Single Frame advance
Shooting RAW

I'm primarily looking for advice on technique and shooting tips. Settings to what I have listed above would be helpful as well. I have a more equipment and lenss but I'm trying to kee the pack light so to speak, however, if you feel other equipment will be needed please let me know what equipment and why?

Thank you ALL in advance!

-- hide signature --

-Alex

From the minds of Minolta to the imagination of Sony, Alpha, like no other.

http://www.pbase.com/lonewolf69

lonewolf69's gear list:lonewolf69's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A900 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* +1 more
Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow