Laptops

Started Dec 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
lucmac
Junior MemberPosts: 49Gear list
Like?
Re: Laptops
In reply to s_helland, Dec 6, 2011

Well, I just bought the Dell XPS 15 laptop after going through a similar research effort. I will connect it to a 24" Dell monitor I already have when home. There's a $100 off coupon code readily findable by google search that works fine. I ordered it with the 1080 HD display and most upgrade options minus the SDD and it came out to $1244 (i got a few more bucks off due to employee discount program). I got a better price calling them than via their website. The person on the phone said their system just had some components at a cheaper price than what the 'net was showing so I'd suggest figuring out what you want then calling and bargaining. Can't hurt. It was going to be over $1000 to get a similar tower without a monitor so this seems like a great deal to me. Better than the MPB, Sony and HP laptops I priced out and none had a monitor as good as this one. The most comparable MBP was going to be over $1000 more.

lucmac's gear list:lucmac's gear list
Pentax K-01
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow