Anyone gone from T2I to 60D?

Started Dec 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ms960
Junior MemberPosts: 44
Like?
Re: Yes, You Need to be Able to Go Wide...
In reply to Traveller, Dec 5, 2011

Traveller wrote:

...remember also, the T2i is a crop camera, field of view is 1.6x anyhow.

Further, thinking about your problem, have you thought of cranking up your in camera settings? I don't because i do lots of post processing....but try +1 or +2 on sharpening, +2 contrast, +2 on saturation.

I know that this is hearsay among the purist, (like me....lol), but I want to make this simple for you....later, you can always take it back to zero. See if this doesn't help punch up your images.

Yikes, I've never, ever shot asa 3200....I would try to restrict myself to 800asa....and, most importantly, it's like shooting a gun, hold your breath, squeeze the button softly.

I need a small camera and light all purpose lens for my travels, that's my thing and I'll buy whatever comes next after the T3i Rebel....though I did look at a 60D and I did actually like the rear screen....

Be that as it may, I also wanted to let you know that your L glass, the 70~200f4l is a wonderful lens....but with all my experience and, what minor talents I might have, I can't hand hold that damned thing at less than 1/200 of a second.....I love the lens because it weighs little and is good to travel with...but, I understand the limitations of that lens...I've got to have good light to use it at all.

When I fail with an image on that lens....I know the problem is me.

Good luck....(oh, you might be able to pick up a cheep 17~85 IS used....which would also suit your purpose).

Best Wishes, Traveller

Yes, I know 3200 is extreme, but it seems like that's what my camera needs to get even remotely non-blurred shots indoors. I will take your suggestion and tweak the settings just to see if it does help. I'm not much of a purist (yet), so if it helps, I'm all for it.

Agree, the 70-200/f4L is a fantastic lens. I use it mostly for sports, but it is just nice to have for about everything (where there is good light). A few shots below taken recently with that lens (not great pictures, I confess, but with a little tweaking they wouldn't be too bad):

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow