Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
A Subset
Senior MemberPosts: 1,436Gear list
Like?
Re: GRD4 GW-2 (.75 wide angle lens adapte) r ALSO GV-1 viewfinder
In reply to iaredatsun, Dec 5, 2011

iaredatsun wrote:

A.,

I had a look at your blurb link. Although I prefer the pictures in this post , I have to admire your eye for colour and composition.

D.

Thanks for your comments. I find it interesting how people look at my book. One friend held it and let the pages flip rather rapidly through his fingers and then set it down. Obviously he didn't connect at all. Another started going through at a moderate pace and then spent more and more time with each picture until he ended up really kind of meditating on them at the end. I loved that. But, as is said, it's all in the eye of the beholder. Music is the same way, I think.

The shot I put up in another thread, "GRD4 standing there," just blows me away, yet not a slngle person that I know has even acknowledged it. Funny, ain't it? Mostly I shoot for myself and if others happen to enjoy what I do that pleases me, but what really pleases me are the images themselves, just for themselves.

One thing I've noticed over the years is that often something that I love at first sight (something of mine or others, it doesn't matter) may often bore me after a while, where many times an image that doesn't grab me may grow and grow over time and affect me deeply.

• A.

A Subset's gear list:A Subset's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Minolta DiMAGE A1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Ricoh GR Digital IV +8 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow