Started Dec 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Patrick Dodds
Regular MemberPosts: 128
Like?
Too thick to use an X100?
Dec 5, 2011

I wonder if I might be too old and stupid to use this camera. The latest hint that this could be the case came this evening when I spent five minutes futzing about in the street trying to get the eye level sensor to work. Eventually I changed focusing modes and that seemed to be related to the issue, though in all honesty next time I turn it on I have no idea if it will still be functioning the same way as I'm not sure the two things are, in fact, related (and, if I am honest, I could care less - I'd just like to have to choose one thing at a time, not follow a prescribed chain of events akin to making a souffle each time I want a glass of water). Similarly, whenever I get the camera out of my bag, I forget that all the settings will have changed (a) because it has been turned off; and (b) because the manual controls will have moved. I also forget to check that the battery / memory card door hasn't accidentally opened.

Other things I forget: (a) unless I am taking a shot of the moon, I need to consider whether I should be in macro mode; (b) I need the hand/eye coordination of a heart surgeon to operate the "OK" button; and (c) just because I, like other photographers, like the look of a camera doesn't mean it is a good tool.

[Bad day with lots of time wasted on a shower of photos not worth 10 seconds of time? Yes. Maybe tomorrow will be better...].
--
Patrick Dodds

Fujifilm FinePix X100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow