Started Dec 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
onlooker
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,821Gear list
Like?
Image size rules
Dec 5, 2011
  1. Despite having a fast internet connection, I lose my patience with some photos and skip to another because of excruciatingly slow loading. I can only imagine how painful voting must be for someone on slower connection.

2. Problematic resizing algorithms. Even the most intricate post-processing with selective sharpening isn't worth much if the image is compressed and resized dynamically when viewed. Most laptops these days are 1280 x 800.

Some posters have also raised the issue of image size here in the past, Therefore, to overcome the problems above, I decided to try image size rules in the next challenge. I would appreciate your feedback on whether the rule is clear enough:

"The photo must fit into a rectangle of 1000 px horizontal and 750 px vertical, with one of its dimensions being exactly that of the rectangle (1000 px horizontal or 750 px vertical)."

It was the must succinct and precise description I could think of (and hopefully sufficiently visual for a photographer).

Your comments are welcome.

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow