Started Dec 5, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bids77
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Olympus E-P3 MFT or Canon T2i for birds - Please help
Dec 5, 2011

Hi all, I have been considering getting the Olympus E-P3 + Pana 100-300mm MFT system or Canon Rebel T2i + Canon 70-300 IS USM. I had a Superzoom Pana FZ28 before this. So I am new to both of these systems (MFT and DSLR). Mostly I will shoot birds and my two year old daughter. I love shooting birds.

Most of the reviews say AF is not an issue with Oly E-P3; it is as fast as the entry level DSLRs. But E-P3 gives good result upto ISO 800 only and 1600 is acceptable while with Canon T2i one can shoot till 3200 without any noise. While shooting birds in low light one can get the benifit of some f-stops with T2i by increasing ISO. Will this be a major disadvantage with E-P3 for shooting birds ?

Again continuous shooting with E-P3 is sluggish. But size and weight of E-P3 with Pana 100-300mm will be considerably less as compared to the other setup. Again shooting video with E-P3 will be easier I think.

Another point in favour of E-P3 is it will give 600mm (2x300mm) equivalent focal length with 100-300mm lens, while canon will give me only 480mm.

With which system should I go ahead. Any help and suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ28
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow