ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
ms960
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
Anyone gone from T2I to 60D?
Dec 5, 2011

Hi all,

I've owned a T2I for about a year and, while I think it's a capable camera in many respects, I can't say I've been overly pleased with it since I've owned it. Outdoors and in good light, it delivers fairly good photographs. Image quality is respectable.

My primary lenses:

• Canon 70-200mm/f4 L

• Tamron 18-50/2.8

• Canon EF 28-105/f3.5-4.5

My primary complaints/dislikes about the T2I are the overall less than stellar low-light performance (in my experience). Some recent photos I took of my son's birthday (indoor) were very grainy and the color was just bland, even with post processing. Also, I think the quality and construction leave me a bit worried. To me, it feels very plasticy.

I shoot all types of situations, though while I tend to do more outdoor shooting (sports, etc), I am finding myself wanting to use it more and more inside, which usually means lower light conditions.

So, I find myself thinking about either upgrading to a better camera or going with another brand entirely (I've read very good things about the Pentax K-5, for example). While I don't have a fortune invested in lenses, it wouldn't be a drop in the bucket if I switched brands, so I'd like to avoid that if at all possible (and realizing I'm posting this in a Canon forum, I expect to get Canon-related advice).

The obvious upgrade would be the 60D. I think the 7D and above are outside my budget for the time being, unfortunately. And I honestly think I could justify something at the 7D and above level anyways.

I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has gone from the T2I to the 60D, and what your experiences were and if you would do it again, or go with another model for an upgrade.

Thanks so much.

Canon EOS 550D (EOS Rebel T2i / EOS Kiss X4) Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 7D Pentax K-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow