Started Dec 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mackitten
Regular MemberPosts: 129
Like?
Newbie with dust on sensor :(
Dec 4, 2011

I only noticed today on my 2 week old 60D some spots while looking through the view finder.

I very carefuly tried to clean the lens and the viewfinder incase I was just seeing things. I then put my other lens on. Same spots

I did some searching here to and saw folks say to test if its the sensor take pictures outside at blue sky at low and high aps

I took at 1.8 and 22 - visible on 22, that means its the sensor right?

through the viewfinder I only noticed 2 on the bottom right - on this image I see numerous. I only go this body on Nov 17th on only put on one lens and then maybe changed 3 times, I try to do this quickly and in clean place, obviously not good enough.

Or could it have come this way?? I only have been shooting indoor in questionable light since I got the camera at 1.8 to maybe max f/8. I noticed this today in the viewfinder because I was playing with camera focusing etc and aimed at a clean off white wall - then I saw spots

Not sure what my options are, being new should I send it back? it was a gift and bought from Abes of Maine. Do I trust a local shop to look at it? Im not sure if this is something a NOOB like me should try to resolve at least unsupervised

thanks, I live a tad upstate NY 2 hours north of the city

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow