Shaking my head... still

Started Nov 22, 2011 | Discussions thread
Douglas69
New MemberPosts: 24Gear list
Like?
Re: Shaking my head... still
In reply to Joe Federer, Dec 4, 2011

Hi Joe...

Facebook eh? Should I be on that? It seems to me it's more about how many people like your "whatever you call it" than about anything realistic.

I saw your name pop up the other day as a friend of my ink supplier. He's only got dozen or so 'likers' but you'd know as well as me he's got a powerful business many of his clients would envy.

One of my advertisers - a wedding decorator, has thousands of 'likers' and a part time business she runs from home in her spare time. Hardly a million a year turnover stuff yet in her eyes, she's it and a bit. "Look at my followers and you'll see that", she told me recently.

I've got the opinion now that facebook is not a marketing tool at all. Just a way to waste time with idle chatter as you swap ohs and ahrrs with people measuring their popularity by how many points they score.

Sorry to disillusion you Joe but I've got the documented evidence to show Facebook does not produce work worth squat for wedding photographers. It does lower the goal posts of expectation. Maybe that's what it's for?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
oopsNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow