Started Dec 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
learning45
New MemberPosts: 15
Like?
Another please help me decide - Canon 35mm 1.4L vs Sigma 30mm 1.4
Dec 4, 2011

I know this topic has been done several times but the more I read the more I'm getting more and more confused, so could somebody please help steer me back on track with the decision making?

I'm looking for a lens, ideally 35mm for use in low light situations, on a 60D. I'm currently using a 17-55mm 2.8 and it's just not cutting it indoors. Indoor photography is mostly chasing the kids so I need the shutter fairly quick. I do have a flash but I'm a very very early beginner with it and to be honest, the time required to fully master it is probably going to overtake the kids growing up :/ What I do know is that I need a lens with as wide an aperture as possible. Of all my photos, I also probably take about 70-80% of them indoor photos.

The dilemma is that I can pick up an excellent 35mm 1.4L for about half the price of one brand new. The Sigma, brand new, is half of that second hand price again. From what I have read, the L lens is only marginally better, but considering the second hand price I have, is it worth considering? Would appreciate any opinions on this. Thanks!

Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
24LNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow