No, I think you'll find I've got the biggest ORB!

Started Dec 4, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Gedmeister
New MemberPosts: 17
Like?
No, I think you'll find I've got the biggest ORB!
Dec 4, 2011

It was a lovely sunny day in Sydney yesterday so I went for a walk to test the dynamic range and other capabilities of the X 10.

The sun was directly behind the the Town Hall clock so I thought it would be a good test for backlighting and the camera did a great job of it, apart from the giant white orb in the sky.

It is not as hard edged as they usually are, unlike the ones on the Rolls Royce below, but it is an interesting variation on the theme. It was certainly not circular in reality, just a much brighter area of sky gradually fading to blue.

In spite of this I still love this little camera and have no intention of returning it, I can avoid the problem most of the time or, if it gets in the way of a photo I really want to keep I am a dab hand with Photoshop and have already experimented with removing some on test images.

Of course I would be pleased if Fujifilm come up with a solution soon but the good outweighs the bad for me.

Cheers,

Ged

Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow