ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
bianx8
Regular MemberPosts: 108
Like?
X10: Settings, Tips & Tricks, Quirks & Solutions
Dec 4, 2011

Hi everyone,

I thought it might be a good idea to consolidate some of the hidden tips, tricks and solutions you have discovered with the Fuji X10 as well as your favorite user settings for different shooting situations to help new users (like myself) fast track the learning curve of this camera (and by pass the almost useless manual).

I'm posting a few to get the ball rolling. Found these on another site and thought they were useful:

TIPS & TRICKS:

1. Hold down the Disp/Back button to access SILENT MODE

2. When in Playback mode, scroll the main command dial to view the info of the photo; press it to zoom in and out of the photo to see if you've nailed focus and use the 4-way controller to move around the zoomed in photo. Press main command dial to zoom out again or press the DISP/BACK button. .
3. Press MENU/OK button to lock/unlock the Selector Button.

QUIRKS/SOLUTIONS:

1. Not sure if this is considered a quirk but this is useful: When you're in A-Priority mode, shutter speed is visible only if you 1/2 press the shutter. To change this, go to Program mode, half press the shutter and rotate mode dial back to A-Priority. Shutter speed will now be visible all the time.

Wanted to ask if anyone knows why I cant seem to access Program Shift? I did everything the manual suggested and I can't seem to work it properly. Also, does anyone have good B/W settings that resembles film (for portraits/street)? AND does anyone know exactly how the COLOR, SHARPNESS, HIGHLIGHT TONE, SHADOW TONE and NOISE REDUCTION actually affects photos?

Thanks and happy shooting!!

Bianca

Fujifilm X10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow