Started Dec 3, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Brev00
Senior MemberPosts: 5,656Gear list
Like?
*****Challenge #135: Reflections II*****
Dec 3, 2011

The new challenge is Reflections II . I did a search and found that this topic was covered back in 2007. I think enough time has passed for a sequel to be in order. The deadline will be noon December 13, 2011 with results announced one or two days afterward.

Don't forget - Please "reply" to the FIRST ORIGINAL post if you are submitting an entry. Be sure to RENAME THE SUBJECT TO INDICATE THE TITLE OF YOUR ENTRY .

While I was able to exploit my natural ability to take out-of-focus images in the last challenge, this challenge should provide a shift. I imagine many entires might involve a sharply viewed landscape with mountains, clouds and sky clearly reflected in a body of water below. But, one can go the other way entirely and present a macro dew reflection. The reflection could take up the entire frame or just be one part. Water is a common reflective surface, but one can use glass, mirrors, jewelry, etc. I can think of few restrictions. In terms of my judgment, taking my breath away does add points. I generally am not fond of colors that seem overprocessed or unnatural. Since there are no real restrictions, I will tighten the time restraint: the photo needs to have been taken no earlier than January 1, 2011.

I am not an expert in landscape or macro photography. I chose this topic because I enjoy viewing reflections and thought it might be something many members enjoy shooting. My judging will be subjective in nature as Mako indicated his was in the last challenge. While my judging will be a pale reflection of his, I believe your entries will shine. This might be the first time twenty members tie for first place.

Post processing is allowed but not required. Black and white is fine as is color. Here are a few examples:

R U L E S:

The host gives you a topic of interest and you get going.

1- You post ONE image (if you post more than one image, the first will be your entry in the challenge).

2- The host chooses a winner after closing. The decision of the judge (the Host) is final. The judge is not eligible.

3- The winner then chooses the next topic, runs the challenge, judges the winner and passes on the baton to that person. If the winner fails to post a new challenge within 72 hours of being declared the winner then the runner-up should post the new challenge within a further 24 hours.

4- ANY NIKON CAMERA IS ALLOWED (A P&S used by a member of this forum is also allowed).

5- Feel free to comment on other contestant's images. If you want someone to leave you a piece of constructive criticism, put a (CC) next to the title of your image [e.g. Sunset with Canada Geese (CC)].

Please embed your image in the thread. Try to resize your photos prior to posting so they're sized appropriately for viewing without having to scroll (900 pixels on the longest side works best).
REMEMBER TO REPLY TO THE FIRST POST OF THIS THREAD!

Brev00's gear list:Brev00's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Tokina AT-X Pro 12-24mm f/4 DX II Tamron AF 28-300mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) Macro Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD +2 more
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow