Best memory card for XZ-1?

Started Dec 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
No Regrets
Regular MemberPosts: 469
Like?
Re: Best memory card for XZ-1?
In reply to echelon2004, Dec 3, 2011

echelon2004 wrote:

I have used all sorts of memory cards over the years and have finally concluded that since I have had problems with all brands of cards except for SanDisk,, including Lexar and lesser brands such as Transcend, I will only buy SanDisk.

In my XZ-1 I keep an 8gb SanDisk Extreme Pro sdhc card, a type of card that I have used in various cameras before without trouble. With speeds of up to 45mb/s it's pretty fast to use with a computer.

I do use a Lexar UDMA card reader that works very well.

Make sure you make a habit of formatting the card in camera after moving the images to the computer and after making a back up. Never delete or add files on the card using a computer.
--
Anders

'It is nice to be important but it is more important to be nice'

I was wondering if anyone has been using the SanDisk Extreme Pro sdhc card with a MacBook Pro laptop and having any troubles.

I'm asking because I will be getting a new laptop shortly and leaning towards the MBP and I have just read a post on another site where he said the following; ".....While the card is very fast when used with my Canon Rebel T2i, I have had an issue with getting my Macbook Pro (Early 2011) to read this card. This computer supports SDHC cards up to 32GB and SDXC cards up to 2TB with a direct PCIe connection...." Basically Sandisk told him to use his USB cable, but by doing this he loses all the high speed advantages that he had paid the premium for in this card.

I was wondering if other MBP users experienced the same problems or maybe this is just an isolated incident.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow