S2 for dayly use

Started Nov 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
olddog99
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: S2 for dayly use
In reply to oliveoil, Dec 2, 2011

The color does in fact look good. Good luck on updating the gallery. It is harder for some of us than others.

I hadn't really thought about the S2 as a walkabout, but it makes perfect sense. I assume you have insurance. I do own an M9 which I enjoy, but it's probably not the camera I would take for a stroll in a rough neighborhood.

The only problem I would anticipate is the size/weight. It's not outrageous but I've severe arthritis, and just recently had a triple cervical fusion. Even the 5D Mark II is a bit much if for very long.

FWIW, the first part of my career was as a working photographer. I shot everything from 35mm to 8x10. From the first day, I heard things like, "You can't do that with this or with that." Most of those guys didn't really know as much as they thought and they didn't know what they didn't know.

Can't use the M9 for Fashion or the S2 as a daily shooter? Who says crap like that. It depends. There is fashion shot with all sorts of cameras. It depends on what the client is looking for.

The S2 doesn't have enough lenses? I doubt that. Primes? I prefer them. I use zooms because it's easy. An experience I'd recommend to almost everyone is spend some time shooting with a single camera with a single prime. All day, every day. There's no point in making it an obsession. But even the best of shooters find that it works to reopen your eyes.

I wasn't up to carrying a large heavy camera on a recent trip. I carried a Fuji x100 which I find to be a stitch. Enjoy the S2, shoot any more pictures with it and post more pictues you're pleased with.

olddog99's gear list:olddog99's gear list
Voigtlander 50mm F1.1 Nokton Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9-P +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow