How to remove a line in IE8

Started Dec 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
MagicCaptainMario
Contributing MemberPosts: 739
Like?
Re: How to remove a line in IE8
In reply to gscotten, Dec 2, 2011

If you want to use tabbed browsing (which I couldn't live without anymore) you can move the favorites bar down one so that it shares the same space as the tabs.

Right click, deselect Lock toolbars, drag the favorite bar down, so that it goes to the left of the tab, then right click and lock the toolbars.

There's no way (that I know of) to remove the tab bar while tabbed browsing is enabled.

An example of how I use the tabs, to help you maybe better understand why it's worth keeping - when I'm on the DPReview contents page (where all the articles are listed) I control click all the ones I want to read. That opens each one in a new tab. Once I've opened all the threads I want to read, in their individual tabs, I start reading. As I read them, I close each tab and then read the next tab.

This is also very useful when shopping on sites like Amazon and NewEgg, as I find items that I'm interested in, I control click the link to open in a new tab... that lets me first search & open, then read.

I would not remove the tab bar.
--
Thanks,
Magic Captain Mario

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow