Started Dec 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Rockin_Robin
Junior MemberPosts: 36Gear list
Like?
60D on Auto with 15-85 not focussing
Dec 2, 2011

Hi, Recently purchased the 60D and 15-85 lens. Superb camera and lens combo in my opinion but I'm getting an issue that I'd like your opinion as to whether it's a setting problem (i.e. my fault) or is a problem.

Only found it by accident when I took a photo of some wallpapering I'd done to send to my daughter. I was standing facing the wall so the camera was on the same plane as the paper. I took a photo on full auto and when I transferred it to my computer I noticed it was fuzzy or out of focus but not by much. Went back and took another on full auto - the same fuzzy OOF image. Then I took one on Program and bingo - pin sharp. I took in all about 30 photos on both full auto and program and every one followed the same rule - full auto fuzzy, program pin sharp. I deduced that it was the fact that on full auto the focus is fixed on AI Focus. When I tried the other basic modes e.g. portrait etc the images came out pin sharp but are on One Shot.

Put simply if the camera is on a tripod and on full auto it focusses at a given distance. Switch the camera to program and take another picture and the distance changes - whilst fixed on a tripod surely this shouldn't happen.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone about this issue and particularly if anyone else has found this.

Rockin_Robin's gear list:Rockin_Robin's gear list
Canon EOS M Canon EF-M 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 22mm f/2 STM Canon EF-M 11-22mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM
Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow