Seascapes from Jersey

Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
olddog99
Forum MemberPosts: 67Gear list
Like?
Re: Seascapes from Jersey
In reply to Carl Ibbet, Dec 2, 2011

Carl:

I liked the set. I liked the pink cast of ? 2. And for what it's worth, I took a look at the Guernsey set you mentioned in one reply. Liked them. I like it when you work on mood. On Guernsey, I liked the garden shot for the way you handled the light. Obviously it was there, but then you had the eye to see.

Here's the thing. I've never been to Guernsey or Jersey (unless you count New Jersey) and you gave me a sense it would be a nice place to visit and photograph. The Isles (plural) are on my list, but I don't get any younger and the fatigue question limits what I can do. But someday!!!.

The other thing is this. About three years ago, I was tied fairly close to home by an illness for an extended period. I wasn't going to die at that point, but I was limited for a quite a while. So I said to myself, apart from the Dog, what could I co. So I started a series of photographs based on a Japanese Maple in our drive. I made a challenge out of photographing close to home. And I followed through on it when I had surgery earlier this year and was barred from areas risky to spinal injury.

I don't mean to confuse my garden in Connecticut with the larger Isle of Jersey, but having focused on a limited area, I think you're doing rather well at the limits of an island. It's proof that you don't have to go too far away from home to do good photography, which I guess is my point. You do -- good that is.

olddog99's gear list:olddog99's gear list
Voigtlander 50mm F1.1 Nokton Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon PowerShot S100 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Leica M9-P +21 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow