Are you photographers or just equipment geeks?

Started Dec 2, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Les Hall
Senior MemberPosts: 1,383
Like?
Are you photographers or just equipment geeks?
Dec 2, 2011

Loooking at the first page of this forum I see about 60 posts. Only ten of them feature images and only about eight are photographs of any merit.

Why do people take 'test' pictures in dire conditions? Typically some horrible decorative art shot with tungsten. How hard is it to get off your backside and go outside and shoot (yawn) a cat or (eek) a flower? At least it would be more valid than the usual fodder. Maybe even people! You know - like your spouses, children, co-workers etc etc.

Make valid tests in real life situations. I never go out on the weekend to my local lens chart park. Very few of us are equipped to take valid tests using proper procedure and parameters. So IMHO they are just a waste of time. Still it's your time and I suppose if that's what rings your bell who am I etc etc etc

Before anyone asks, I have a prettily wrapped NEX-5N sitting under my Festivus tree. I have a bunch of legacy glass I can't wait to use. I'm sure the 16mm Sony will become my fave lens. See you Dec 26.

Les.
--

“I go to the theatre to be entertained. I don’t want to see plays about rape, sodomy
and drug addiction...I can get all that at home.” Peter Cook

http://www.leshall.com

Sony Alpha NEX-5N
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
BothNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow