Started Dec 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
mackitten
Regular MemberPosts: 129
Like?
Lightroom, iPhoto and Eye-Fi - Oh my!
Dec 1, 2011

Looking for some advice on how to make the leap to start to use Lightroom.

I am a enthusiast/hobbiest photo who finally upgraded to a new 60D after my 300D bit the dust. I use a iMac, and have been using iPhoto for any/all of my storage, organizing and editing needs. I also use an Eye-Fi card that auto transfers my images to specified folders on my computer jpgs straight to iPhoto and RAW (when I take them) to a RAW folder.

In the past I have not done much PP. A crop here, and edit to B&W maybe a little saturation changes, little things is iPhoto.

I recently got lightroom but have yet to open it. I am very interesting in learning to do some more PP and work in Lightroom 3

My first concern was workflow, I really dont have one and Ive read that how your catalog is setup and what your workflow is, is important so I have been reading different things online.

Now a new concern, I can't have all my images in Lightroom and iPhoto.

Will Lightroom replace iPhoto for me? I like the ease and quickness of iPhoto for making events, viewing and exporting to different online locations.

I think I'm just a little confused or maybe dont like change?

Should I start from now using lightroom, have my Eye-Fi card write to a LR folder, and then possibly export only certainly photos to iPhoto for easy uploading and viewing?

Possibly LR has some the same sharing uploading viewing features as iPhoto.

Just wondering if other users were at one point in a similar situation and how you made the change.

Thanks

Canon EOS 300D (EOS Digital Rebel / EOS Kiss Digital) Canon EOS 60D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow