Pinhole for Pentax K-7

Started Nov 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
DrewE
Senior MemberPosts: 1,999Gear list
Like?
Re: Pinhole for Pentax K-7
In reply to amicus70, Dec 1, 2011

It's not that difficult to make one with some thin metal (heavy foil or shim stock, for instance) and some means of mounting it on the camera. A cheap screw-mount lens adapter would make a handy mounting ring, for instance. An old or broken down lens to disassemble could also make a good basis for mounting the pinhole. (For that matter, some sort of opaque tape may be workable too, though many kinds tend to leave adhesive residues when they're removed.)

As others have alluded to, you'll definitely experience quite a bit of unavoidable softness due to diffraction given the relatively small size of the K-7's sensor. Its high sensitivity (at least when compared with the more traditional photo enlarging paper media) and ease of shutter timing are useful, however.

I did a few brief experiments with pinhole photography on my K10D a few years ago. It was fun to fiddle with, but I never found the results to be of usable quality.
--
--DrewE

DrewE's gear list:DrewE's gear list
Pentax K10D Pentax K-5 Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL Pentax smc DA 40mm F2.8 Limited Voigtlander 58mm F1.4 Nokton SL II +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow