Started Aug 11, 2000 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Mike R
Regular MemberPosts: 228
Like?
Canon Zoom Browser Program
Aug 11, 2000

I know that some of you are using the Canon Zoom Browser program that came with your S10, S20 or S100. I just got back from vacation and was trying to organize the 400 plus shots that I took with my S100. I ran into an error message when I open up the program "The error E_FAIL occurred in the program". I got a fatal error shortly thereafter and the program shuts down. I reinstalled the program but still got the same message.

I called Canon Support and they are aware of the problem. Their solution is quite easy....simply uninstall the program and ALL OF YOUR PICTURE FILES. The rep apologized that they hadn't come up with a better solution after I told her that I had taken over 500 pictures on my S100 since I bought it last month. She said that moving the picture files to another directory wouldn't solve the problem. The pictures had to be deleted right off the hard drive.

Fortunately, I have a CD Burner and was able to copy all the picture files to a rewritable CD. Then I deleted all of the Canon Programs and the picture files from my hard drive. Make sure that you get all those pesky files off of the hard drive or the error message will return.

To avoid receiving the error message in the future, make sure that you do not save any picture files in the Zoom Browser directory. Apparently this is what causes the error message. So save your picture files in a completely separate directory, say C: My Pictures and things should work fine

Mike R

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow