Will Sony do 18mp and 36mp FF Cameras like Nikon?

Started Dec 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
cgarrard
Forum ProPosts: 14,313Gear list
Like?
Will Sony do 18mp and 36mp FF Cameras like Nikon?
Dec 1, 2011

Rumors/leaks are looking pretty strong for Nikon's D800/D900, especially about the new sensor sizes they will be using.

I have no idea at this point about future FF development from Sony, but being that Sony supplies many sensors for Nikon, there is at least a chance that Sony could bring similar cameras out (at least with respect to resolution).

Personally I think two FF cameras with two sensors of that resolution would really fulfill user demand in this category. I would be seriously considering/looking at the 18mp model if Sony decide to make one.

I know there are other rumors out there about a 24mp/36mp option, and they may come to pass. However I think 18/36 makes more sense in the lineup. 24mp seems to be more of all round solution vs. the users that 18/36 could target more specifically.

Carl

http://photographic-central.blogspot.com/

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude; nothing can help the man with wrong one."
-Thomas Jefferson

Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow