Leather Case Set - some alternative pics for those interested...

Started Dec 1, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
itcrashed
Regular MemberPosts: 137Gear list
Like?
Leather Case Set - some alternative pics for those interested...
Dec 1, 2011

I never could find pictures of what the leather case looked like other than the marketing photos from Nikon - which really revealed NOTHING, not even a picture with it installed on the camera. $60 for the set is mighty expensive to buy blind, but I pulled the trigger anyway and finally received it. So here are some pics if anyone was interested in picking up the leather case set. Hopefully it will be of use to prospective buyers.

It's not nearly as flush and thick as the old school leather sets from the old film cameras, but I think the compromise was to keep the package compact. The bottom piece doesn't seem to add too much bulk to the camera and it makes for a better grip. A major flaw, however, is the tripod nut on the bottom. You can't stand the camera with just the bottom of the the case on without the camera leaning to one side - it basically has to stand on the nut.

Apologies for the crappy iPhone pics.

itcrashed's gear list:itcrashed's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Nikon D4s Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.4G +4 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow