Started Nov 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Frida
Regular MemberPosts: 259
Like?
The budget Nikon wedding photography thread
Nov 30, 2011

Who else here does wedding photography (paid or personal) with an entry-level Nikon (e.g., the D40-90, D3000-7000)? I figure this can be a thread for such folks to talk about all things related to the topic (while ducking or fanning flames). Kind of like a support group. Maybe I'll bump it from time to time if it takes off.

I'll start. My wife and I use a D3000 and D3100 for all our work, which at this point, is primarily couples and family shoots. We've currently got two weddings planned for next year. One is paid, and one is free as a gift to family.

Right now, our lenses include a 50/1.8, an 18-55, and a 55-200. I'd like to sell the kit lens and the 55-200 and pick up a 35/1.8, but my wife is nervous since she thinks we'll need the range of the zoom, and she might be right. Anyway, we had three non-wedding shoots in November, and nothing on the menu yet for the remainder of the year besides a free engagement shoot that may not occur. I'm still figuring out options for free marketing that don't involve Facebook.

Nikon D3000 Nikon D3100 Nikon D40
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow