Started Nov 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
nico3d
Contributing MemberPosts: 863Gear list
Like?
Remote Tibet journey 2011
Nov 30, 2011

Hi Guys, it's been a while since I was around here.

This year I went back about five times to the Tibetan plateau, every time to different remote regions, both by bicycle and trekking.

These photos are from the my last journey, last week of spring and first two of autumn. 24 days, 1825km (1130mi). Really really hard, a lot more than last year's. I cycled along dirt roads 85% of the time, on mud, rocks, ice, snow, 10% on tarmac and 5% completely off-road guided by GPS. Over a dozen passes between 4500 and 5000 mts and three above 5000mts (16400ft) . I was caught in blizzards, heavy rains, ice and cycled on as low as -12C at the highest parts. Lost 9kg on the way hehehe.

Except for the Zhara Lhatse images (rocky peak) the rest are from very isolated and inhospitable regions inhabited only by tibetan nomads, wild animals. Every huge stretch of vastness, there would be small villages. No public transport reaches these regions, only few Tibetans on motorbikes and about 3 o 4 trucks per week. An out of this world experience, and the toughest I've done so far.

I'm not an expert in landscape photography, since traveling by bicycle is usually very limiting, but this is what I managed to capture.

D700 and a combination of 14-24 f2.8 + 24-70 f2.8 + 70-300VR

Hope you like them! Portraits coming next week

-- hide signature --

'there's more in each of us than we know'
http://www.nicolasmarino.com

Nikon D700
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow