Is it happening now: tide turning on DSLRs???

Started Nov 30, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Bilgy_no1
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,868
Like?
Is it happening now: tide turning on DSLRs???
Nov 30, 2011

I know the demise of DSLRs has been debated at length in this forum before, but so far it still seems that DSLRs are selling better than mirrorless. Yesterday I had a new experience and wondered if anyone has had a similar experience.

I went to a camera shop in a small town near Rotterdam in the Netherlands to pick up the 7.5mm FE Samyang. Great little lens, and I'll share more about it later. But in the shop, which is part of the larger 'Combi' chain of photo stores, there were NO DSLRs on sale. They did have Olympus PEN, Samsung NX, Sony NEX on sale alongside the usual compacts. But NO DSLR. When I asked the shopkeeper, he replied this was a conscious choice that's working out well for them. Apparently, the mirrorless offering are more attractive for their customers with a wish to upgrade from a compact.

It's the first time I've seen something like this. A Dixons store where they had many of the mirrorless recently took them all down and is all DSLR again. Mixed signals... What are you seeing out there???

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
GregNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow