Nex3 + Dicapac + Red Sea

Started Nov 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
kev777zero
Senior MemberPosts: 1,476Gear list
Like?
Re: Nex3 + Dicapac + Red Sea
In reply to geminihc, Nov 30, 2011

geminihc wrote:

nice pics! i LOVE snorkeling and i've always wanted to take some awesome pics with my nex5.. but way way too nervous about the camera dying, not because of leaking but because of:

-moisture from humidity + ocean salt = corrosion (it may not affect it right away, but it is a cumulative process over the years)

-sun shining UV onto sealed bag = created heat in the bag and may cause battery to overheat and do lots of bad things.

i've had a dicapac before and it killed my $200 compact camera.. which will very very make me not risk my nex5 with it... i opened up the compact camera that died and i saw alot of greenish corrosion on the PCBs (on the coppers), also i recall the camera being very hot as it was floating on my bad while i was snorkeling, so the sun was shining onto it for a very long time.

however, i really envy you that you were able to take it down there and take these beautiful pictures. curious, how did the sweep panorama photo work underwater..? i know that underwater, your focal length becomes more narrow, so your 16mm pics almost look like 35mm. i think either the panorama mode or the UWA adapter might show underwater very well.

an underwater panorama...now that's sick!
--

http://www.wix.com/drkevinlyu/photography

kev777zero's gear list:kev777zero's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3 Sony Alpha NEX-5N NEX5R Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Tamron AF 28-75mm F/2.8 XR Di LD Aspherical (IF) +4 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow