Started Nov 29, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
jj74e
Senior MemberPosts: 1,633
Like?
Lightroom or Aperture?
Nov 29, 2011

Sorry if this has been asked a lot before, but I have done my research but it's hard with all the information out there to pinpoint answers for some concerns I have.

Currently I only have iPhoto as my editing software, and am looking to step up so I can process some RAW files and have more control.

Most of the time, I do shoot in JPEG and then just edit exposure, color, etc. However, I do shoot in RAW frequently enough that I want new software. Mainly, I will be editing to reduce noise better than the in camera JPEG engine, and to edit color/contrast/dynamic range/exposure (mainly concerned about color of those three) more selectively and detailed than iPhoto can.

Which would you suggest to me based on that? What I hear is that Aperture is a great organization tool and is good to a point, while Lightroom is more of a full blown professional's tool that isn't necessarily as intuitive as Aperture for organizing photos.

I am leaning towards Aperture, both because it is cheaper and seems to fit my uses better. But my issue with Aperture is that unlike Lightroom, it is only Mac compatible, and I am also going to buy a new laptop soon that might be a Windows computer rather than a mac.

Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow