Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
A Subset
Senior MemberPosts: 2,225Gear list
Like?
GRD4 GW-2 (.75 wide angle lens adapte) r ALSO GV-1 viewfinder
Nov 28, 2011

This morning I went to the post office and picked up my B&H order of the GW-2 .75 wide angle lens, the adapter gizmo, and the GV-1 viewfinder. I then set off on a walk about shooting some stuff. The post office shot is as the camera processed it in B&W, while the trees have had a tad of processing in Lightroom 3.5, including a small crop to correct for level and some sharpening.

I don't know about the viewfinder. First off, the view is cut off on the bottom by the lens, so you're not seeing the entire frame. My experience so far with the rear screen is that even in bright light it is generally bright enough for pretty good appraisal of the shot, so I don't know that the viewfinder does anything of value for me. It DOES allow me to put the camera directly up to my eye. Whether that is important or not I'm not sure yet.

• A.

A Subset's gear list:A Subset's gear list
Minolta DiMAGE 7 Minolta DiMAGE A1 Konica Minolta DiMAGE A2 Ricoh GXR P10 28-300mm F3.5-5.6 VC Ricoh GR Digital IV +9 more
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow