Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
wymjym
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,270Gear list
Like?
X10-WDS, I await a firmware fix
Nov 28, 2011

If you know how to shoot for the wds you can do it almost at will and be 100% successful.

if you want to avoid wds and you shoot in bright light, low light with high contrast you probably cannot avoid it totally.

This is the boring subject

I won’t continue to bore everyone with a string of the same car shot in all different ISOs, DRs, release modes, etc…suffice it to say that the ORBs were always present and in this case always obviously rendering a false shape. Higher iso + higher dr lessened it but not enough for it too not be apparant in this situation.

I went down to a water fall and shot the bright white water tumbling around…there are some orbs but they were not at all obvious…so I dare say that depending on what you are shooting you may never see an issue or you may always see an issue.

Scene shot with D300s + consumer glass (18-270)

Fuji x10

I hope Fuji can handle this little hiccup but in the meantime I feel that it is really a great little camera whose time has been long in coming.

wj

-- hide signature --

nikonandricoh

wymjym's gear list:wymjym's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000
Fujifilm X10 Nikon D300S
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
WillNew
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow