Motorcycles at the beach first HDR

Started Nov 26, 2011 | Discussions thread
javieralcivar
Forum MemberPosts: 56Gear list
Like?
Re: Motorcycles at the beach first HDR
In reply to Byron Walter, Nov 28, 2011

Well to change your mind on monday I reposted a comparison from the original jpg files that came out of the nex3 with the PP ones that I edited in lightroom, also I uploaded the preset file I created for them. Of course I used it as a base preset and then edited exposure, saturation, contrast, vibrance, recovery as needed and to keep the bright skies I used a vertical graduated filter for the top 20% of the pics with some exposure raised.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/read.asp?forum=1042&message=39947836

I like to get plain files with the nex set to standard mode instead of vivid to have more versatility in PP, also remember the nex doesnt overexpose its just that composing under sunlight with an LCD tricks you to make it look goo don the lcd instead of trusting the histogram.

I know there was a lot to be improved on the files but it was a 30 minute edit so theres a lot room and detail that can be unleashed. Since I always aim for a powerfull mood than correctness I remembered the 90s matte painted posters that were hanged in my room, I hate the clown dream palettes that come from most HDR specially on nature photography but this time I think it worked out.

-- hide signature --

Here to help, always.

javieralcivar's gear list:javieralcivar's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-3
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow