Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Barry Fitzgerald
Forum ProPosts: 29,888
Like?
Official Pentax UK response. K-r AF problems
Nov 28, 2011

I'm making a new thread on this for clarity and transparency and to assist K-r users.

I'll keep all responses from Pentax in this thread.

Today email received from Pentax UK

My email was pretty straightforward I simply said I can't get focus accuracy in low kelvin & tungsten light and that I was happy to send it in for service if needed.

Their response was:

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your enquiry.

The focusing is quite a complex process and it depends not only on type of light (like tungsten) but for exapmle on color rendering index.

There is no solution at this moment. As soon as it's fixed it will be announced on the following website:
http://www.pentax.jp/english/index.html

I hope that your question has been answered to your satisfaction.

Should you have further questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

When replying, please make sure this email is included.

With kind regards,

Pawel Jedrzejczak
Pentax Digital Camera Support Team

So there we go obviously they admit there is a problem but they don't have a solution. I'll reply to that email later on, but this isn't a very satisfactory conclusion simply because we're left with a camera that's not working properly.

If they can't find a solution then I'm obviously inclined to try to get a refund for my purchase. Still doesn't explain why Pentax are ok about having a model on sale that has issues.

Pentax K-r
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow