ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
rrr_hhh
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,918Gear list
Like?
Perspective control : shift and tilt lenses for mft
Nov 28, 2011

Hi,

One of the things I'm missing on mft bodies is the 24mm TSE lens I have for the 5d.

I'd love to find an alternative for mft bodies.

I had a look at EBay and that is what I found :

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Lenses-/3323/i.html?Compatible%2520Brand=For%2520Olympus%7CFor%2520Panasonic&LH_ItemCondition=1000&rt=nc&Type=Perspective%2520Control&_catref=1&_dmpt=Camera_Lenses&_fln=1&_ssov=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m1539

They are mainly Arsat, Photex or MC branded lenses. I think they are made in Russia or Ukraina. Some are quite expensive (not for a Dslr, but for mft). What are they worth ?

I'm mainly interested in the shorter focal lengths, but there are not many ! The most seen is 50mm; there is also a 35mm which would need the 4/3 adapter.. The shortest one is 20mm which would only make a 40mm equivalent, still long for shooting architecture :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MC-2-8-20mm-TILT-SHIFT-lens-Micro-4-3-Olympus-PEN-and-Panasonic-LUMIX-DSLR-NEW-/130579417619?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item1e6723ca13#ht_3431wt_922

Anyone knows of shorter PC or TSE lenses ? ( I do already have an M mount adapter).

Anyone ever used this one ? Or a lens of the same brand ? Are they soft in the corners ? Are they worth the investment ? The problem with actual wa lenses on mft or Nex cameras, is that they are relatively soft in the corners and if you add persective correction in post processing, then things are getting even worse. But on the other end, if those Third party lenses are as soft in the corners as the reguar mft lenses after post processing, then they are not so useful.

Note that I'm more interested by the shift than by the tilt. I'm not trying to play with out of focus areas, but want to control perspective.

Damn, if my EOS outfit wasn't so heavy, I'd rather use it..

-- hide signature --

rrr_hhh

Canon EOS 5D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow