Started Nov 28, 2011 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNextNext unread
Flat view
Barry Stewart
Veteran MemberPosts: 8,261Gear list
Like?
E-5 sports AF
Nov 28, 2011

I suspected my 50-200swd was part of my wonky AF performance on my E-5, so I tried the 40-150 Mk1 yesterday at the soccer pitch. I had to use 1600+ ISO, to keep the shutter speeds up. I continued to have 25% OOF shots.

I used C-AF with focus lock on and release priority OFF.

I feather or hold the half-press to keep the focus active.

I sure wanted to get this shot — and I'm confused why the camera would have allowed me to take such an OOF shot, as I had release priority off.

I'm pretty sure I was on single center point focus on this one. Shot review on the histogram screen shows no focus confirmation square.

Can someone explain why the camera would look at this target and say, "Yep... fire away!" — rather than "Hold on... it's way out of focus!"?

Exif indicates 21 metres away, though I was only about 10 metres from the target.

Photo is uncropped.

-- hide signature --

Barry

Barry Stewart's gear list:Barry Stewart's gear list
Olympus C-5060 Wide Zoom Olympus E-1 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus E-M1 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro +9 more
Olympus E-5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
MarkNew
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow