60D - 7D AF Microadjustment verdict

Started Nov 25, 2011 | Discussions thread
Scotsman
Senior MemberPosts: 1,429Gear list
Like?
Re: 60D - 7D AF Microadjustment verdict
In reply to czaharop, Nov 28, 2011

I own both of these cameras and have not really seen the need YET for MFA. I'm sure that if I was a little rough with my lenses it would come in handy though.

czaharop wrote:

Hello,

When 60D was released there was a great outcry about "no AF microadjustment". The lack of this feature kept many including myself from upgrading to this otherwise worthy camera. Now I read that the new Canon 1DX will have AF microadjustment for both ends of a zoom lens (wide & tele). I've also read interesting articles about how manufacturing tolerances in cameras and lenses and cause problematic variations at times. Obviously Canon wants its high end users to have this feature.

Does anyone have perhaps both a 60D (no AF microadjustment) and a 7d or other Canon with this feature? Any thoughts on it's real world use? Like many of you I'm a knowledgeable amateur with good lenses who desires (within reason) the best out of expensive gear. I'm still waiting for the 7D succesor (it's a long wait!)

Thanks,

CZAHAROP

-- hide signature --

A DSLR is a black hole that you throw money in to, and enjoy every minute of it!!!!

Scotsman's gear list:Scotsman's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Panasonic Leica DG Macro-Elmarit 45mm F2.8 ASPH OIS Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 DG OS HSM +6 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Post (hide subjects)Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark post MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow